So this is a stupid New Years Post and maybe it's a little late. Are you supposed to post these on New Years Eve? I don't know. Anyway, here we go.
- By May, I will be over half way done with HTDP.
- By May, I will have analyzed over 1000 songs for samples and make at least one composition from said samples.
- I will maintain a 3.5 GPA. Sure that's probably not rigorous or demanding but discipline before excellence.
- I will blog and exercise (gym, jogging, or skateboarding) at least once a week.
- Solid State Drives will attain an across-the-board performance advantage with a reasonable size disadvantage by Q4 2009. (~256gb for $300 or ~$1.25/gb) Edit: Okay, that was really stupid and not what I meant to express. Solid State Drives already have an across the board performance advantage with a (for some definitions of) reasonable size disadvantage if you get a good drive (Read: Intel or Samsung). I was really trying to comment on affordability of said quality drives. The Intels are sitting at $500/80gb right now and I don't know about the Samsungs. I'm predicting ~$300/256gb by the end of 2009. I'm leaving myself leeway by not stating whether or not I mean fiscal 2009.
- No console will have a strong lead by the end of 2009 and we'll have to call this generation Console War a draw.
- Linux and Mac will continue to infiltrate the consumer market but will not exceed 10% of worldwide market share.
- The MPAA will follow the RIAA's lead and stop their lawsuits to pursue alternative means of Intellectual Property Rights enforcement.
- IP Law and laws covering digital property and privacy will see increased scrutiny and public awareness. (Hey, I'm just hoping.)
What haven't I thought of that I should have?